Name: Dr. Tamás Szörényi
Born in Szeged, Hungary, on 12th March 1946. Graduated in mathematics and physics: Diploma of Education from József Attila University, Szeged, in 1969. State proficiency examination in German: 1970, in English: 1973.
1969-1974: Luminescence of transition metal ions in glasses.Sabbaticals:
1972: Ph.D. in physics from József Attila University, Szeged
1974-1983: Amorphous semiconductors (oxides and oxide glasses).
1983: Candidate's thesis in physics (Habilitation) from József Attila University, Szeged
1984- : Materials processing with lasers, more specifically: laser surface patterning, LCVD, deposition from liquid precursors, etching, ablation, laser transfer (LIFT), laser chemistry, pulsed laser deposition (PLD).
Publications: 93 scientific papers published in refereed archival journals, several invited and contributed talks to international and national conferences, and lectures.
Solid State Physics Laboratory, University of Mons-Hainaut, Mons, Belgium, with Prof. Lucien D. Laude, September-December 1984; April-July 1993; January-December 1994. Compound film synthesis from elemental layers; ablation of thin films. Institute of Applied Physics, Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria, with Prof. Dieter Bauerle, March 1986 - March 1987; September-October 1987. Pyrolytic LCVD of tungsten. Institute of Applied Physics, University of Vigo, Vigo, Galicia, Spain, with Profs. Mariano Perez-Amor and Betty Leon-Fong, April-August 1989; November-December 1991; January-March 1993; September-November 1993. Photolytic LCVD of silicon oxide and nitride films. Institute of Optics, CSIC, Madrid, Spain, with Prof. Carmen N. Afonso, January-August 1995. PLD of bismuth and Bi-containing films.
Scientific/Organising Committee member of several national and international conferences and workshops on laser material processing; Organizer & Co-Chairman of the "Laser processing of Surfaces and Thin Films" Symposium of E-MRS'96 Spring Meeting.
Visiting address: Research Group on Laser Physics, H-6720 Szeged, Dóm
Postal: Research Group on Laser Physics, H-6701 Szeged, P.O.Box 406
Tel: (36-62)-454274; Fax: (36-62)-425854;
E-mail: T.Szorenyi@physx. u-szeged.hu
Married. Wife: secondary school teacher. Two children: Judit (born in 1971) and András (born in 1975).
Home address: H-6724 Szeged, Föltámadás u. 14. Tel: (36-62)-498227
G.Q. Zhang, T. Szörényi, D. Bäuerle: Kr+ laser-induced chemical vapor deposition of W, J. Appl. Phys., 62, 673-675 /1987/
T. Szörényi, K. Piglmayer, G.Q. Zhang, and D. Bäuerle: Lateral growth rates in laser CVD of tungsten microstructures, Surface Science, 202, 442-456 /1988/
P. Mogyorósi, T. Szörényi, K. Bali, Zs. Tóth and I. Hevesi: Pulsed laser ablative deposition of thin metal films, Appl. Surf. Sci., 36, 157-163 /1989/
T. Szörényi, P. González, M.D. Fernández, J. Pou, B. León and M. Pérez-Amor: Gas mixture dependence of the LCVD of SiO2 films using an ArF laser, Appl. Surf. Sci., 46, 206-209 /1990/
Z. Kántor, Z. Tóth, and T. Szörényi: Laser Induced Forward Transfer: the Role of Support-Film Interface and Film-to-Substrate Distance, Appl. Phys. A54, 170-175 /1992/
Z. Tóth, T. Szörényi, and A.L. Tóth: Ar + Laser Induced Forward Transfer (LIFT): a Novel Method for Micrometer -size Surface Patterning, Appl. Surf. Sci., 69, 317-320 /1993/
K. Bali, T. Szörényi, M.R. Brook, and G.A. Shafeev: High Speed Laser Writing of Gold Lines from Organic Solutions, Appl. Surf. Sci., 69, 75-78 /1993/
Z. Kántor, Z. Tóth, T. Szörényi and A.L. Tóth: Deposition of micrometer sized tungsten patterns by laser transfer technique, Appl. Phys. Lett. 64 (25) 3506-3508, /1994/
Z. Kántor and T. Szörényi: Dynamics of long-pulse laser transfer of micrometer-sized metal patterns as followed by time-resolved measurements of reflectivity and transmittance, J. Appl. Phys., 78, (4) 2775-2781 /1995/
T. Szörényi, L.D. Laude, I. Bertóti, Z. Kántor and Zs. Geretovszky: Excimer laser processing of indium-tin oxide films: an optical investigation, J. Appl. Phys., 78 (10), 6211-6219 /1995/
Zs. Geretovszky and T. Szörényi: Can laser deposition from liquid phase be made competitive?, Appl. Surf. Sci., 109-110, 467-472 /1997/
Z. Kántor and T. Szörényi: Numerical calculation of pulsed laser deposited film profiles, Vacuum 50, 421-424 /1998/
Z. Kántor and T. Szörényi: Microscopic description of thin film formation in pulsed laser deposition in the presence of a background gas, Appl. Surf. Sci., 127-129, 703-709 /1998/
Membership: Loránd Eötvös Physical Society
1. I. Szendrõ, E. Márton: Low pressure deposition of Si3N4 by SiCl4 and NH3 reaction, Late News Paper on Conference of Electrochemical Society, 1979.0ct., Journal of Electrochem. Soc. 1981. March, pp 708.
2. I. Szendrõ, L. Puskás: Plasma-enhanced CVD methods, Seminar on Advanced Semiconductor Technologies, 1982. Budapest
3. A. B.Young, J. Rosenberg, I. Szendrõ: Preparation of Germanium Nitride Films by LPCVD, Journal of Electrochem. Soc., 1987. Nov., p.286.
4. K. Erdélyi, I. Szendrõ: Sensors for nuclear radiation detection, Hungarian OMFB - SIEMENS Scientific Workshop, 1991. Budapest
5. I. Szendrõ: Growth of Oxide Layers and Deposition of Dielectric Layers, in Microelectronics Technology; ed. I. Mojzes - Mûszaki Könyvkiadó, Budapest, 1993
6. J. Balázs, M. Rácz, I. Szendrõ, J. Vörös, A. Hámori, Zs. Szabó: Developement of Integrated Optical Sensors - Technology and Measurements, Hungarian-Korean Seminar on Integrated Circuits and Devices, 1997, Budapest
7. J. Ramsden, M. Némethné-Sallay, J. Vörös, I. Szendrõ: Integrated optical waveguide sensor for surface adsorption study, Fizikai Szemle, 1997/9, p. 281. (In Hungarian)
(home) Barca Str, 17, Bl. M 8, Ap17,
Sector 5, Bucharest, ROMANIA
(office) Institute of Atomic Physics
National Institute of Lasers, Plasma and Radiation Physics,
P.O. Box MG-16, Bucharest
DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH: September 10, 1954 ; Calimanesti, Romania
CIVILIAN STATUS: Married, 2 children
LANGUAGES: English, French and Italian
SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS: More than 50 papers
in international journals, 42 communications presented in international
and national conferences.
1. P. Verardi, M. Dinescu: Characteristics of ZnO Thin Films Transducers Deposited by Pulsed Laser Deposition, 1995 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium Proc., pp. 1015-1019, (1995)
2. G. De Cesare, S. La Monica, G. Maiello, E. Proverbio, A. Ferrari, M. Dinescu, N. Chitica, I. Morjan: Crystallization of amorphous silicon carbide thin films by laser treatment, Surface and Coating Technology, 80, pp. 237-241, (1996)
3. P. Verardi, M. Dinescu, A. Aurel: Characterisation of ZnO thin films deposited by laser ablation in reactive atmosphere, Applied Surface Science, 96-98, pp. 827-830, (1996)
4. G. DeCesare, G. Maiello, S. LaMonica, E. Proverbio, A. Ferrari, N. Chitica, M. Dinescu, R. Alexandrescu, I. Morjan, E. Rotiu: Crystallisation of Silicon Carbide thin films by pulsed laser irradiation, Applied Surface Science 106, pp. 193-197, (1996)
5. M. Dinescu, P. Verardi: ZnO thin films deposition by laser ablation of Zn target in oxygen reactive atmosphere, Applied Surface Science, 106, pp. 149-153, (1996)
6. M. Dinescu, N. Chitica, V.S. Teodorescu, A. Lita, A. Luches, M. Martino, A. Perrone, M. Gartner: Laser Reactive Ablation: One Step Procedure for the Synthesis and Deposition of Compound Thin Films, NATO-ASI Surface Treatment and Film Deposition, Ed.J.Mazumder, pp. 808-821, (1996)
7. A. Ferrari, G. Maiello, S. LaMonica, G. DeCesare, G. Dinescu, M. Dinescu, E. Aldea, N. Chitica, I. Morjan, M. Gartner, G. Masini: Laser and nitrogen plasma beam induced modifications in amorphous silicon thin films, Applied Surface Science, 109-110, pp. 87-92, (1997)
8. P. Verardi, M. Dinescu, C. Gerardi, L. Mirenghi, V. Sandu: AlN thin films deposition by laser ablation of Al target in nitrogen reactive atmosphere, Applied Surface Science, 109-110, pp. 371-375, (1997)
9. P. Verardi, M. Dinescu, F. Craciun: Oriented PZT thin films obtained at low substrate temperature by pulsed laser deposition, Thin Solid Films 311, pg. 171-176, (1997)
10. P. Verardi, M. Dinescu, C. Stanciu, C. Gerardi, L. Mirenghi, V. Sandu: A parametric study of AlN thin films grown by pulsed laser deposition, Materials Science & Engineering B50, pp. 223-227, (1997)
11. A. Perrone, A.P. Caricato, A. Luches, M. Dinescu, C. Ghica, V. Sandu, A. Andrei: Boron carbonitride films deposited by pulsed laser ablation, Applied Surface Science, 133, pp. 239-242, (1998)
12. M. Dinescu, P. Verardi, C. Boulmer-Leborgne, C. Gerardi, L. Mirenghi, V. Sandu: GaN thin films deposition by laser ablation of liquid Ga target in nitrogen reactive atmosphere, Applied Surface Science, 129, pp. 559-563, (1998)
13. M. Dinescu, A. Perrone, A.P. Caricato, L. Mirenghi, C. Gerardi, C. Ghica, L. Frunza: Boron carbonitride films deposited by sequential pulses laser deposition, Applied Surface Science, 129, pp. 692-696, (1998)
14. P. Verardi, M. Dinescu, F. Craciun, V. Sandu: Oriented PbZrx Ti(1-x)O3 thin films obtained at low substrate temperature by pulsed laser deposition , Thin Solid Films, 311, pp. 171-176, (1997)
Name: Lucien Diego LAUDE
Born: 26 May 1939 in Chambrai, France
Education (Doctoral degrees):
L. D. Laude, M. Wautelet, R. Andrew: Laser-induced synthesis of compound semiconducting films, Applied Physics A40, 133-143 (1986)
L. D. Laude, K. Kolev, M. Brunel, P. Deleter: Surface properties of excimer laser-irradiated sintered alumina, Appl. Surf. Sci. 86, 368-381 (1995)
T. Szörényi, L.D. Laude, I. Bertóti, Z. Kántor and Zs. Geretovszky: Excimer laser processing of indium-tin oxide films: an optical investigation, J. Appl. Phys., 78 (10), 6211-6219 (1995)
N. Detournay, K. Kolev, T. Robert, M. Brunel, L. D. Laude: Excimer laser beam interaction with sintered Y-doped AlN ceramic, MRS Symp. Proc. Vol. 397 (1996) 525-530
F. Hanus, A. Jadin, L. D. Laude: Pulsed laser deposition of Nasicon thin films, Appl. Surf. Sci. 96-98, 807-810 (1996)
Born in Rome 14.9.1949, nationality italian, married, two sons.
Graduated in Engineering at the University of Rome "La Sapienza" in 1979, with specialization in Electronics.
Entered the IDAC as Researcher scientist in 1981. His activity is connected
with SAW and BAW devices developed at the Institute. He has a long experience
on acustooptical interaction and on SAW sensors applications. He is the
responsible of the thin film laboratory where he achieved a competence
on thin film deposition especially for piezoelectric ones deposited by
sputtering. During the last three years he developed new deposition process
made by pulsed laser technique. He has also a good experience on electrical
characterization of electroacoustical devices working at microwave frequencies.
He has been involved in many Special National Projects and on bi-lateral
cooperation with east countries. He is a member of the Scientific Committee
of the IDAC since 1982, member of the IEEE, member of the E-MRS.
C. CALIENDO, G. SAGGIO, P. VERARDI, E. VERONA: Piezoelectric AIN film for SAW devices applications, "1993 IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium Proc." , Baltimore (MD), 1993, p. 249.
V.I. ANISIMKIN, I.M. KOTELYANSKII, P. VERARDI, E. VERONA: Elastic properties of thin film Palladium for surface acoustic wave (SAW) sensors, Sens. and Actuators, B23, (1995) 203-208
V.I. ANISIMKIN, I.M. KOTELYANSKII, G. SAGGIO, P. VERARDI, E. VERONA: A Study On Elastic Energy Distribution In Layered Structures For Application To Surface Acoustic Wave Devices, "1994 IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium Proc.", Cannes, (F), 1994, p.453.
V.I. ANISIMKIN, I.M. KOTELYANSKII, P. VERARDI, E. VERONA: Measurements of elastic properties of thin film and the changes of the properties by means of SAW's, Sov. Phys. Solid State, 36, 428 (1994).
P. VERARDI, M. DINESCU, A. ANDREI: Characterization of ZnO Thin Films Deposited by Laser Ablation in Reactive Atmosphere, Applied Surface Science 96-98 (1996) 827-830.
A. DINESCU, P. VERARDI: ZnO Thin Film Deposited by Laser Ablation of Zn Target in Oxygen Reactive Atmosphere, Applied Surface Science 106 (1996) 149-153.
P. VERARDI, M. DINESCU: Characteristics of ZnO Thin Film Transducers Deposited by Pulsed Laser Deposition, "1995 IEEE International Ultrasonic Symp. Proc." Seattle (WA), 1995, pp.1015-1018.
V.I. ANISIMKIN, I.M. KOTELYANSKII, V.I. FEDOSOV, C. CALIENDO,P. VERARDI, E. VERONA: Analysis of the Different Contribution to the Response of SAW gas Sensors, "1995 IEEE International Ultrasonic Symp. Proc." Seattle (WA), 1995, pp 515 - 518.
P. VERARDI, M. DINESCU, C. GERARDI, L. MIRENGHI, V. SANDU: AlN thin film deposition by laser ablation of Al target in nitrogen reactive atmosphere , Applied Surface Science 109-110 (1997) 371-375.
M. DINESCU, P. VERARDI, F. CRACIUN: Reactive pulsed laser deposition -A tool for obtaining high quality piezoelectric thin films, SPIE Proc. 3093 (1997) 249
V.I. ANISIMKIN, C. CALIENDO, V.I. FEDOSOV, I.M. KOTELYANSKII, P. VERARDI, E. VERONA: Real time characterization of elastic variations in palladium films produced by hydrogen adsorption, 1996 IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium Proc., San Antonio (TX), 3-6 Nov. 1996, pp.293 - 297.
V.I. ANISIMKIN, P. VERARDI, E. VERONA: New properties of the saw gas sensing, 1997. IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium Proc., Toronto, (Canada), 1997, pp.405-408